Pages

Contributors

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Trusting in God.

Nearly two months into my year abroad, and I feel like I can barely string a sentence together in Spanish. Apparently I don't know how to pronounce sí. I have no 'Spanish' friends. I haven't really got anywhere with my YARP. Sometimes I just want to give up, go home and work at October books for the rest of my life. But I know that I'm here for a reason. I know that this is where God wants me. He could have brought anyone to teach at Juan de Herrera this year. He could have chosen anyone to join the Madrid Church plant for nine months. I have to remind myself constantly, that God is with me, and has plans which he is working out for my good. And if, by the end of this year, I have achieved nothing more than understanding more of God, having a bit more faith, being more deeply in love with Jesus, then that is an immeasurable achievement. The purpose of this year, as with every year of my life, is to be more Christ-like. Not to learn more languages, get a first in my dissertation, or whatever else. And as well as that, I know that God is more than able to help me in each and every situation this year.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment